Friday, October 3, 2014

CompUrest, U.S. Patent No. 5,188,321 Inventor's Experience


CompUrest Keyboard Stand
Comfortable Computing 
US PATENT NO. 5,188,321


CompUrest is an ergonomic keyboard stand that solves the problem of repetitive stress injuries. 

When the problem is stress, the solution is ample, comfortable, non-restrictive support.  


When the problem's cause, the stress, is removed, the effect, the pain, can heal in as little as 30 days of regular use. 


How? When on your computer use a CompUrest to provide ample, physical, ergonomically correct support for computer and many other technologies that are the foundation of repetitive stress injuries.

To get a feel of the comfort, sit back and put your keyboard on your lap. Notice the reduction of tension in your shoulders, arms and elbows?  That's just the beginning.

CompUrest was created in response to co-inventor J. Nayer Hardin's severe computer injuries.  

"Back in the 70's and '80's I use to type up to 119 w.p.m. and by the mid 80's I had every computer injury in the book.  At the time my right arm was paralyzed for the second time as a result of my extensive (my sister Jacquie called it obsessive) computer use.  Since not computing wasn't an option, my friend Bernie Hirschenson and I got to work. 

For the razor sharp pains in my arms, we placed a solid oak armrest (since evolved into high density foam armrest) under my forearms.  We created the armrest with an indentation in it to remove stress and allow me to keep my elbows and upper arms comfortably positioned at my sides when keying.  This indentation extends the armrest's support all the way to the shoulders.  We lowered the keyboard to eliminate the bending that was pinching the nerves in my wrists.  I immediately felt relief when I rested my arms on my CompUrest.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Though I still type very fast with many days on my computer from when I wake up to when I go to bed, since 1990, my repetitive stress injuries never returned." 

When CompUrest was invented the market was just starting and chaotic.  Now with social media, 3D printing and other modern innovations, CompUrest is in the process of being re-introduced to the market.

Stay tuned!


STOPS COMPUTER PAIN NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment